Horses eligible for nomination must be registered Canadian Warmblood or with another recognized Warmblood registry (as in 1 and 2 below):
- Warmblood registries which are recognized with WBFSH include, but are not limited to:
|AES||Belgium (BWP)||Danish (DWB)|
|Dutch (KWPN)||Hanoverian (AHHS, Han)||Holsteiner|
|Swedish (SWB)||Selle Francais (ANSF)||Trakehner|
|WESTF||Zangersheide (ZANG)||Oldenburg (GOV + OS)|
2. Providing horses meet CWHBA standards for warmblood registration:
|Canadian Sport Horse (CSHA)||Oldenburg Registry North America (ISR – OLD)|
- Priority will be given to Canadian-born horses with a limited number of imports being permitted at the discretion of the sale committee
- Special consideration MAY be giving to horses with an exceptional show record that the sale committee feels will be an asset to the Spring Riding Horse Sale
- 25 lots will be accepted for the sale
- Other Limiting criteria will be based off of Performance and / or Pedigree.
In your nomination, please include as much information as possible about your horse’s performance record, schooling shows, ability (free jump video for a jumper prospect or free movement for dressage prospects), other noteworthy siblings out of the dam-line and any other pertinent information for the selection committee to make their decision.
|Prospects * Must be 3 to 6 years of age||Prospects – 5 or older – must be started under saddle 3 or 4 years old – started under saddle or ready to start under saddle. Preference MAY be giving to horses that are started.|
|Performance Horses * Must be 5 to 12 years of age||Performance horses must have shown at a minimum of two EC or USEF rated shows or have proof of attending five schooling shows in the past 18 months. Preference MAY be giving to horse with an outstanding show record.|
|School Masters Must be 8 to 15 years of age||School Masters must have shown on average at a minimum of two EC or USEF rated shows per year for the past 4 years with results in the Jr/Am division OR be an upper-level horse who is ready to step down out of the Professional division and take care of a Jr/Am. These horses are meant to be horses who can tolerate and teach a rider the ropes. These horses will be selected and accepted at the discretion of the sale committee – please provide video of the horse at the time of nomination that reflects the horse’s suitability to be a school master.|
|* As of January 1st, of the year of nomination|
- All owners agree that by nominating their horse(s) they will provide the sale with all required veterinarian documentation including; x-rays, EIA, insurance forms, vaccination record, medication form, and videoed flexion tests that will be sent to the admin team by the dates specified in the ‘Important Dates and Deadlines’ section below. Failure to do so will forfeit all fees and your horse will not be sold through the sale!
- All owners agree that by nominating their horse(s) they will allow them to be tested for any banned substances according to the Equine Canada Medication Control Committee. Every horse will have blood drawn at their PPE and it will be held for 45 days after the sale.
- Where the owner of a horse is a partnership, limited company, ranch or farm all legal signatories must sign the nomination form.
- All information and representations of the horses consigned are the sole responsibility of the seller or agent of the seller.
- The seller acknowledges that each horse consigned is free and clear of all liens, warrants, and encumbrances.
- All horses sold must have their transfer of ownership completed and sent to their respective registries within 10 days of the sale. Proof that the transfer has been completed and that it has been sent must be forward to the sale administrator so that your payment can be released. The Sales Admin can assist you with all documentation. In the case of a pending registration, the transfer must be completed and sent to the registrar to finalize once the registration certificate is done.
- Minimum starting bid will be set at $6,000 for all categories
- CWHBA – Alberta Chapter acts only as a clearing house for funds collected for and on behalf of the seller
- GST is collected for and on behalf of the seller ONLY when the seller provides a valid GST registration #
- Cheques will be sent via Xpress post and the release of the funds will be dependant on where the funds originated from – i.e. expect:
a) 7 days within province b) 10 days out of province c) 21 days out of country