BASIC ELIGIBILITY Horses eligible for nomination must be registered Canadian Warmblood or with another recognized Warmblood registry (as in 1 and 2 below):
1. Warmblood registries which are recognized with WBFSH include, but are not limited to:
|AES||Belgium (BWP)||Danish (DWB)|
|Dutch (KWPN)||Hanoverian (AHHS, Han)||Holsteiner|
|Oldenburg (GOV + OS)||Selle Francais (ANSF)||Swedish (SWB)|
2. Providing horses meet CWHBA standards for warmblood registration:
|Canadian Sport Horse (CSHA)||Oldenburg Registry North America (ISR – OLD)|
- Priority will be given to CWHBA horses with a limited number of Non CWB and imports being permitted at the discretion of the sale committee
- Special consideration MAY be giving to horses with an exceptional show record / siblings from the direct mother-line with exceptional show records that the sale committee feels will be an asset to the Fall Classic Sale
- 40 lots will be accepted for the sale
- Other Limiting criteria will be based off of Performance and / or Pedigree.
In your nomination, please include as much information as possible about your horse’s performance record, schooling shows, ability (free jump video for a jumper prospect or free movement for dressage prospects), other noteworthy siblings out of the dam-line and any other pertinent information for the selection committee to make their decision.
|Prospects * Must be 3 to 6 years of age||Prospects – 4 years or older – must be started under saddle 3 years old – started under saddle or ready to start under saddle. Preference MAY be giving to horses that are started.|
|Performance Horses * Must be 5 to 12 years of age||Performance horses must have shown at a minimum of two EC or USEF rated shows or have proof of attending five schooling shows in the past 18 months. Preference MAY be giving to horse with an outstanding show record.|
|Broodmares* Must be 15 years of age or under||Broodmares must be 60 days pregnant at sale time and have a pregnancy confirmed between September 13th and 22nd. Meet breed eligibility requirements (including inspection) and have been covered by a stallion entered in the CWHBA studbook. They must perform the same basic PPE as weanlings and yearlings.|
|3 in 1 Package Mare in foal, with foal at side package||Mare IN foal with a foal at her side must be 60 days pregnant at sale time and have a pregnancy confirmed between September 13th and 22nd. The mare must perform the same PPE as a broodmare and the foal must perform the same basic PPE as the weanlings and yearlings. 3-in-1 Package is an additional .. $150Mare with a foal at side who comes up NOT in foal must then meet the same PPE and x-ray requirements as a performance horse or choose to withdraw from the sale. The foal can then be solely offered at auction and a $150 refund will be given.|
|Weanlings||It is recommended that they are shown at their dam’s side, although may be shown without. Must perform the PPE as required by the sale committee, which includes trotting for soundness.|
|Yearling *||Must perform the PPE as required by the sale committee, which includes trotting for soundness. Basic x-ray requirement is recommended but not mandatory.|
|2-year-old prospect*||Must perform the PPE as required by the sale committee, which includes trotting for soundness and basic x-ray requirement.|
|* All age categories are as of January 1st, of the year of nomination|
- All owners agree that by nominating their horse(s) they will provide the sale with all required veterinarian documentation including: x-rays, EIA, insurance forms, vaccination record, medication form and videoed flexion tests that will be sent to the admin team by the dates specified in the ‘Important Dates and Deadlines’ section below. Failure to do so will forfeit all fees and your horse will not be sold through the sale!
- All owners agree that by nominating their horse(s) they will allow them to be tested for any banned substances according to the Equine Canada Medication Control Committee. Every horse will have blood drawn at their PPE and it will be held for 45 days after the sale.
- Where the owner of a horse is a partnership, limited company, ranch or farm all legal signatories must sign the nomination form.
- All information and representations of the horses consigned are the sole responsibility of the seller or agent of the seller.
- The seller acknowledges that each horse consigned is free and clear of all liens, warrants and encumbrances.
All original papers and passports must be turned into our office no later than the presentation days, along with the corresponding, signed transfer of ownership forms. The Sales Admin can assist you with all documentation. In the case of a pending registration, the registration form and the transfer of ownership must be completed, DNA included (20 hairs from the root) with the DNA form and turned into our office no later than the presentation days.