You placed the successful final bid, the auction lot is CLOSED, and now you are the proud owner of a new horse.
Here are some suggestions to help you through the process:
- You will receive confirmation of your purchase after the close of the sale
- Our Sale Admin will send you an invoice and methods of payment within 24 hours of sale close *please confirm your name and address are correct in your bidder registration*
- Payment method will be arranged and funds wired or electronically transferred between you and the sale administrator
- Bill of sale, along with Seller information will be forwarded by the Sale Administrator for signing by both you and the seller
- Your horse will be released to you by the seller ONLY AFTER our office has confirmed receipt of payment.
- It generally takes 24-48 hours after sending them for your funds to clear our bank if they are sent via Wire or Electronic Transfer or Direct Deposited Certified Cheque. If you Direct Deposit a regular cheque it will take minimum of 5 days to clear and you will not be permitted to pick up your horse before this happens.
- Please remain aware of this as you plan for post sale shipping/pick up of your new horse.
- Your horse will be insured for their purchase price and boarded at the seller’s facility, free of charge, for (up to) 10 days following the close of the sale. After this time you will need to make arrangements for boarding your horse.
*If you are boarding your horse with the seller longer than 10 days you are assuming all risks and the sale recommends you extend their insurance coverage for that duration of time.
- Your horses official registration papers will be sent to you by each specific registry. This may happen quickly but can take up to 6 months.
Insuring Your Horse
CWHBA -AB and the sales committee has secured a 10 day insurance policy with BFL to allow for time for the Buyer to ensure all paper work is in place for insurance and transport. If you wish to extend this insurance past 10 days, please contact:
Kirsten Berrien – Client Service Representative
T. 403-705-5188 | C. 403-608-2798
The following horse transport companies can assist you in shipping your new horse. This listing is provided as information only for your convenience and does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the CWHBA Alberta Chapter. Arrangements to be made by purchaser.
|Cavalier Horse Transport||Canada and USA||(780) 237-8202|
|Foothills Horse Transport||Canada and USA||(403) 560-6677|
|International Horse Transport Ltd.||Canada and USA||(905)-838-3802|
|Quadriga International Horse Transport||(403) 606-2987|
|Perry Horse Transport||Canada and USA||(905)-859-0333|
|Twilight Hauling||Canada and USA||(780) 235-1367|
|WPS Transport||Canada and USA||(778) 878-7042|
If you require assistance or information regarding Federal Health Papers and Coggins Test to allow for export to the US, please contact the sale office.
View current Export Regulations
All horses sold through the Canadian Warmblood Auctions will have a current negative Coggins test and horses destined to the US will have a Veterinary Health Certificate completed by the sale veterinarian. Please see US Buyers Section for more details.