You placed the successful final bid, the auction lot is CLOSED, and now you are the proud owner of a new horse.
Here are some suggestions to help you through the process:
- You will be contacted by the sale administrator once all Lots have sold and the auction is closed.
- Payment method will be arranged and funds wire or transferred between you and the sale administrator
- Bill of sale, along with Seller information will be forwarded by the Sale Administrator
- Your horse will be boarded at the seller’s facility free of charge for up to 10 days following the close of the sale. After this time you will need to make arrangements for boarding your horse.
- Arrange to have your horse shipped home. You may wish to contact one of the horse transport companies listed below. If require temporary stabling, arrangements can be made directly with the seller.
- Following the waiting period for clearance of funds through the bank (10 to 21 days) you will be mailed a letter from the sale administrator regarding the transfer of registration papers for your new horse.
Insuring Your Horse
CWHBA -AB and the sales committee has secured a 10 day insurance policy with BFL to allow for time for the Buyer to ensure all paper work is in place for insurance and transport. The sale administration can arrange for the buyer to connect with the insurance agent to insure your new purchase.
Kirsten Berrien Client Service Representative T. 1-403-705-5188 | C. 1-403-608-2798 E. email@example.com
The following horse transport companies can assist you in shipping your new horse. This listing is provided as information only for your convenience and does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the CWHBA Alberta Chapter. Arrangements to be made by purchaser.
|Cavalier Horse Transport||Canada and USA||(780) 237-8202|
|Foothills Horse Transport||Canada and USA||(403) 560-6677|
|International Horse Transport Ltd.||Canada and USA||(905)-838-3802|
|Quadriga International Horse Transport||(403) 606-2987|
|Perry Horse Transport||Canada and USA||(905)-859-0333|
|Twilight Hauling||Canada and USA||(780) 235-1367|
|WPS Transport||Canada and USA||(778) 878-7042|
If you require assistance or information regarding Federal Health Papers and Coggins Test to allow for export to the US, please contact the sale office.
View current Export Regulations
All horses sold through the Canadian Warmblood Auctions will have a current negative Coggins test and horses destined to the US will have a Veterinary Health Certificate completed by the sale veterinarian. Health certificates must be endorsed by a veterinary inspector from the CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency) before the horse can cross the border.